Biscuit Strawberry Shortcake is the perfect ending to any meal. Homemade biscuits and fresh berries shine in this classic dessert. Easy to prepare and packed with flavor!
Over the weekend, my hubby went to the store to get strawberries for our Whole Fruit Strawberry Margaritas. Since they were having a sale, he picked up several pounds of fresh berries!
Well, if you have seen our recipe for the drink, it only uses about 10 strawberries, so needless to say, we had quite a bit to still use up.
I prepared this dessert as a way to get rid of all the berries and it was definitely a huge hit with my family!
The biscuits have a slightly sweet flavor, and everything pairs perfectly together.
Skip the packaged shortcakes from the store and make these biscuits – you won’t be sorry! Tender, fluffy, and perfectly sweetened!
Each batch below will make about 8 biscuits, so feel free to double the recipe if you are serving to more people! These are perfect for Spring/Summer gatherings, and any/every occasion in between!
Ingredients Needed for Biscuit Strawberry Shortcake:
Strawberries, stems removed and sliced
How to prepare:
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles crumbs.
Gradually pour in the milk until a dough forms.
Drop the dough by tablespoons into eight mounds on a slightly greased baking sheet.
Bake in a preheated oven, 425 degrees, for about 13-15 minutes.
Remove from oven and cool.
Place strawberries into a bowl and add remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and orange juice. Toss gently to coat evenly.
Cut shortcakes in half horizontally.
Place bottom half on serving dish and add desired amount of whipped topping.
Scoop strawberries and place on top.
Put the top half of biscuit on top of strawberries and enjoy!!
The BEST Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
This recipe is the BEST because:
-these can be made quickly and are easy peasy
-no need to buy store packaged cake that doesn’t taste fresh, make this entirely from scratch
-the biscuits are perfectly sweetened, fluffy, and delicious
-fresh strawberries make everything better, am I right?!
Check out these other great strawberry recipes”
Tips for the best Biscuit Strawberry Shortcake:
Don’t assemble the shortcakes with strawberries until ready to serve. The juices will make the biscuits soggy if assembled too early.
Feel free to use ANY fruit desired in this. It isn’t limited to just strawberries, have fun with variety!
If you have the time, make homemade whipped cream versus buying it.
Short on time, feel free to bake biscuits up to 3 days prior to serving!
Fluffy, tender biscuits with fresh strawberry slices and whipped cream combined into a refreshing dessert everyone will enjoy! Print or save the recipe below!
Biscuit Strawberry Shortcake
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoon sugar *divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter *cold
- 1 cup milk
- 2 pints strawberries *stems removed, sliced
- 2 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups whipped topping
- Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles crumbs.
- Gradually pour in the milk until a dough forms.
- Drop the dough by tablespoons into eight mounds on a slightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 425 degrees, for about 13-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Place strawberries into a bowl and add remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and orange juice.
- Toss gently to coat evenly.
- Cut shortcakes in half horizontally.
- Place bottom half on serving dish and add desired amount of whipped topping.
- Scoop strawberries and place on top. Put the top half of biscuit on top of strawberries and enjoy!!