My family LOVES Taco Tuesdays! Typically we enjoy chicken tacos as they are a favorite in my house, however, last week, I changed it up and made these and everyone, kids included loved them! I loved how the cheese was already melted and didn’t fall right off the taco as we were eating it. Each person was still able to put their desired toppings on their own plate, and the shells were warm! Most people think that by baking the tacos, the shell gets soggy. Luckily, that is not the case. The bottom of the shells get slightly soft, but still hold together while enjoying these! Not only do these come together in minutes, but they are definitely a crowd pleaser!
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 packet taco seasoning, or 3-4 tbsp. homemade seasoning
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup salsa
- Hard taco shells
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- Toppings of choice: lettuce, sour cream, tomato, avocado, guacamole
- In a skillet over medium high heat, cook meat until no longer pink.
- Add in the onion and garlic and allow to cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the taco seasoning, black beans, and salsa.
- Cook for about 5 minutes over low heat.
- In a 9 x 13 baking pan, line up the hard taco shells.
- Spoon mixture evenly into each taco, about 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle cheese over each taco evenly.
- Place pan in a preheated oven, 400, for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add desired toppings to each taco. Enjoy!