Nothing screams comfort food more than good ol’ chicken and biscuits, right? Not only is this casserole incredibly quick and easy to whip up, but it is kid approved. 3 kids approved this to be exact! Not only does it have some veggies in there (shhhhh……the kids didn’t notice), but it also is a complete meal since it has chicken and biscuits with the veggies. The leftovers are just as tasty and this freezes well too!! I would call this a must try meal! I made this last week after we got home from a long day at the pool. We were all kind of chilled since the water was cold (it’s only 103 outside, brrrrrrr right?!) and so I made this for dinner. I heard not one complaint during dinner, which if you have young kiddos, you know that is rare!!
- 1 can biscuits (Pilsbury or store brand)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 16 oz frozen veggies (I used broccoli, but any vegetable works)
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 3 tbsp. milk
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Grease an 8 x 8 baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken soup, sour cream, frozen veggies, and cooked chicken.
- Add in the milk and melted butter; mix well.
- Pour mixture into the greased pan.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of chicken mixture.
- Open can of biscuits and place on top of casserole. Make sure you flatten the biscuit prior to putting on top to allow it to cook evenly. *You won’t need all the biscuits in the can, put the leftovers in a bag to save for another night.
- Place baking pan in preheated oven, 375, and bake for about 35-45 minutes, or until biscuits are cooked through!