As of a few months ago, I have been trying to venture out more with my recipes, and not make as many casseroles. Our lives haven’t been as crazy busy since the move, so I have had more time to cook each night. Last week however, I came across a version of this casserole on Pinterest and knew I had to try it. After making a few changes based on what I had in my hpouse, I served this for dinner and the entire family loved it. This was probably one of the most flavorful casseroles I have ever tried, and even my kiddos ate it up…..and trust me, they are 3 picky eaters!
I paired this casserole with a salad and had dinner on the table in no time! Since it has both your potato and meat in it, add a veggie or salad and dinner is ready to go!!
This would also be a great idea to make when having company over or if you are bringing a meal to a friend/family!!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 6 medium, red potatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp. Paprika
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. hot sauce
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup green onion, diced
- Preheat oven to 400 and grease a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, potatoes, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, Paprika, garlic powder, and hot sauce.
- Pour mixture evenly into greased pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 55 minutes making sure to stir mixture every 25 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and sprinkle cheese, bacon, and green onions evenly on top.
- Place pan back in oven for an additional 5-8 minutes, or until cheese is fully melted.
- Remove from oven and serve!!