This post brought to you by Crystal Farms Cheese. The content and opinions expressed below are that of The Cookin’ Chicks.
One of my favorite things to make for dinner is a casserole. We typically can get at least two nights out of the one dish and I always make them kid friendly. That allows one less night of cooking for me and the kids eat it all up without complaining. Win-win, right?? This casserole always makes the kids excited since I let them sprinkle additional cheese on top of it when it comes out of the oven. For them, that is the best part
Since cheese is a favorite in my house, I knew this new casserole would be a hit. I went to the store a few days ago and picked up a few blocks of Crystal Farms cheese. We prefer using that brand due to it being a natural product with no preservatives, a rich source of calcium, gluten free, and lactose tolerant. It is typically found in the refrigerated dairy section of stores. In fact, they are allowing one lucky follower of our page the opportunity to win a blue serving dish from Crystal Farms Cheese. All you need to do is comment on this post below and tell us what yummy recipe you would add their cheese too. We will randomly select a winner on Monday, Feb 16, and that person will have the serving dish sent out to them immediately. Fun, huh??
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups uncooked rice (not minute rice) (brown or white works)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Crystal Farms cheddar cheese
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup (10.5 oz)
- 3 cups water
- 1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup mix
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Layer the bottom of pan with the rice.
- Add 1 cup of Crystal Farms cheddar cheese, salt pepper, and chicken to the top of the rice.
- Spread the 2 cans of cream of chicken soup over the chicken.
- Pour water on top, followed by the Lipton onion mix.
- Place pan carefully into the preheated oven, and allow to bake for 90 minutes. If using brown rice, add about 10 minutes to the baking time.
- *If you notice not a lot of water left in the casserole at the one hour mark, add in an additional 1/2 cup.
- Once cooked, remove from oven and sprinkle an additional 1/2 cup of Crystal Farm cheddar cheese on top.
Be sure to comment below telling us what recipe you would add some Crystal Farm cheese to! You may just be selected as our blue serving dish winner!!!
Also check out their great sites below for additional recipes and information!