Most people grow up having these around in their house, or at least trying them once. I love how kid friendly they are and how fun it is that the kids can make these just about by themselves (minus the stove part of course). This recipe never fails, and is perfect for any occasion! Plus, it is a great way to use up a box of cereal you may have on hand. If your kids are like mine, they beg for a box of cereal at the store claiming it is their favorite, only to get home and never want more than one bowl, haha! Using only three ingredients, this is a classic sweet treat that is a great way to get the kids in the kitchen baking with you!! Enjoy!
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 6 cups Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal
- 4 cups mini marshmallows OR 10 oz regular sized marshmallows
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Add in the marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add in the rice krispies cereal and stir until thoroughly coated.
- Press mixture evenly into a greased 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Allow to cool completely and cut into desired sized squares.