If you love peanut butter cups, or chocolate and peanut butter….you’ll love these Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Cups! The perfect sweet to satisfy that sweet tooth craving!
Do you ever buy a box of Rice Krispy cereal for a recipe and end up with just about an entire box leftover? Well, that’s where these tasty treats come into play!
A few weeks ago, I made my Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls for dessert. The recipe only uses 2 cups of cereal, leaving me with just about a full box still on hand. With three picky kids that claim the cereal gets too soggy too fast with milk….I started racking my brain coming up with ideas to use up the cereal.
I had thought about making some simple Rice Krispies Treats, but wanted something new. Being the chocolate peanut butter lover I am, I decided to incorporate that into my dessert creation.
A few failed attempts, messes in the kitchen, and sink full of dishes later…this recipe came about and was SO simple! If only I had started with this version first, instead of all the others I tried….I wouldn’t have needed the 100 mixing bowls and ingredients all over my kitchen, haha!
I decided to make these into cups rather than bars, since it was easier to pick up and go. My kids LOVED these! They each enjoyed one for the taste test and gave me two thumbs up!
After trying these at room temperature, from the refrigerator, and from the freezer….we all agreed we preferred them from the refrigerator. The chocolate stayed firm, only enhancing the texture of these! However you choose to enjoy these, is up to you though as I don’t think they’ll be around long! Mine lasted 3 days in the house before they got polished off!
You can make these into bars by spreading them into an 8×8 baking pan, or keep them as cups and use a muffin tray! Up to you!
Hope you enjoy these Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Cups!!
*Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram! Right now, I am doing weekly giveaways to my email subscribers and Instagram followers. All you have to do is subscribe/follow me! Next giveaway is a Kitchen Aid Mixer, so you won’t want to miss that!
Muffin Tray: https://amzn.to/2KFZpRK
Silicone Muffin Liners: https://amzn.to/2KFZpRK
Mixing Bowl Set: https://amzn.to/2KBG97V
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Cups
- 1 cup peanut butter *creamy is what I used, chunky works too
- 6 tbsp honey
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 2 cups chocolate chips, melted *I used semi sweet
- Line a muffin pan with muffin liners or spray with cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan, melt the peanut butter, honey, and salt over medium heat.
- Once smooth, add the rice krispy cereal to a medium bowl and pour the peanut butter mixture on top.
- Stir to fully coat the cereal.
- Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full with the cereal mixture and press firmly to pack it down.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.
- Spoon melted chocolate onto the tops of the peanut butter cups.
- Place muffin tray in refrigerator to set up.
- Once chocolate is firm, serve and enjoy!