These blueberry muffins are soft, fluffy, and full of juicy blueberries! With an added streusel topping, these will be a favorite with everyone!
Being the breakfast fans that my family are, muffins are a favorite in our house. My hubby and I enjoy them paired with our morning coffee, or on our way out the door to get the kids to school. My kids however, will eat fresh muffins out of the oven the first day, but prefer them as a snack any day after. Don’t ask me why because I don’t even know the answer, haha!
If you scroll through my blog, you’ll notice tons of different variations! One of our tried and true muffin recipes though, is this blueberry version! The muffin itself is soft and fluffy, packed with just the right amount of blueberries. To make it even better though, we added a streusel topping that is mouth watering. Sweet, slightly crunchy, and just what the muffin needed to add the perfect touch!
My hubby whipped a batch of these up for us last week to enjoy for our Saturday breakfast. After the batch cooled, I set the leftover muffins in a container on my counter. A few short hours later, I noticed the container was open. After doing some investigating, I discovered my kids enjoyed them so much, they each went back for round two as their snack!
Whether you make a fresh batch to enjoy that day, freeze for on the go breakfasts, or enjoy as a snack/sweet treat….these muffins really are perfect for any occasion! Next time you have company over, whip up a batch and prepare to be complimented!
Enjoy and be sure to let me know what you think of these if you try them!
*Be sure to sign up for my newsletter below! You’ll receive my latest recipes sent directly to your inbox! Plus, I do monthly prize giveaways exclusive to my subscribers only!
Silicone Muffin Cups: https://amzn.to/2Wb5Ujw
Muffin Pan: https://amzn.to/2Wb5Ujw
Streusel Topped Blueberry Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups blueberries, divided
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray/line a muffin tray with liners.
- In a small bowl, prepare the topping by combining the flour, sugar, and cinnamon together. Add the melted butter and stir with a fork until crumbly. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, prepare the muffins by adding the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs and sugar. Whisk in the yogurt, oil, and vanilla until combined.
- Fold wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until just combined.
- In a small bowl, toss 1 cup blueberries with the 1 tbsp flour and fold into the batter.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup blueberries evenly on top of the muffin cups and then sprinkle the streusel evenly on top of the blueberries.
- Place pan into oven and bake 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center.
- Remove from oven and allow cool slightly before enjoying!