This Italian Classic dish is packed with flavor and couldn’t be more simple using the slow cooker! Family approved, you’ll want to add this to your meal plan!
Last week, I had a busy day running errands and knew I would be pressed for time come dinner. I decided to let me slow cooker do the work and tossed the ingredients into it that morning! Within a few hours, I could already smell how tasty dinner was going to be!
The chicken literally fell apart as I was shredding it! The cheese tortellini was the perfect addition to this meal and to top it off, the breadcrumb topping made this incredible! Even my kids scraped their plates and requested this in their thermos’ for lunch the next day. Impressive, right?!
Shredded chicken, cheese tortellini, mozzarella, spaghetti sauce, Parmesan, and a breadcrumb topping! All combined into one dish that is bound to be a new favorite with your family too!
This would be a great option if having company over because of how many it serves! I have a family of five and we enjoyed this two different times! Plus, it is quite budget friendly!
Take the night off from cooking and toss the ingredients into your slow cooker!
*Be sure to sign up for my newsletter below! I do monthly giveaways for my subscribers! This month is a FREE Instant Pot! You don’t want to miss that, right?!
Also, if you’re on Instagram, come follow me here, https://www.instagram.com/thecookinchicks/! Use the hashtag #thecookinchicks so I can see what you’re cooking and maybe even repost your picture!
Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Tortellini
- 25.5 oz Tomato Basil Spaghetti Sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb chicken breasts, boneless/skinless
- 20 oz cheese filled tortellini
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated or shredded
- Pour the spaghetti sauce, broth, and salt into the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Place chicken on top.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook on high for about 4 hours, or low for about 6 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred using two forks. Set aside.
- Place tortellini into slow cooker and toss to coat in sauce evenly.
- Put lid back on slow cooker and allow tortellini to cook about 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Add chicken back into slow cooker and sprinkle mozzarella on top.
- Allow cheese to melt completely, about 10 minutes.
- While cheese is melting, place butter into a small skillet and melt over medium heat.
- Add breadcrumbs into butter and toss to coat. Allow to cook about 3-5 minutes, or until slightly golden.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle on top of mozzarella cheese in slow cooker.
- Add Parmesan on top and serve immediately!
Slow Cooker Recipes: https://thecookinchicks.com/category/slow-cooker/