This Tasty Puppy Chow, also known as Muddy Buddies, is quite a flavorful sweet treat! Using crunchy Chex cereal, melted chocolate, and peanut butter….the combination will have you hooked in no time!
Growing up, my mom used to make this on occasion and I would go NUTS! My most favorite combination is chocolate peanut butter, so this just screamed my name!
Some people prefer theirs warm, right when its finished and the chocolate is still melted. Surprisingly, I like to stick my batch in the refrigerator to firm up and then enjoy. Some pieces end up sticking together, forming clumps…which are my favorite! Also check out my Muddy Buddy Bars if you like bars!
The flavors combine into a treat that can be enjoyed anytime of the day!
Believe it or not, I actually had not made my Tasty Puppy Chow for several years. My son came down stairs the other day and randomly requested it. It brought the idea back up to me and of course, I grabbed the ingredients while at the store.
Within about 5 minutes, I had a batch completed and in the refrigerator! Quick, right?!
If you have a sweet tooth, or simply want to try a new recipe…give this a try! It’ll be a hit with the kids, family, and just about anyone that tries it!
Don’t forget to connect with me on Instagram HERE too! Tag #thecookinchicks in whatever you make as I love to see your cooking!!
I use this LARGE bowl to make my Puppy Chow, quite convenient! https://amzn.to/2Zv3alv
Tasty Puppy Chow
- 9 cups corn Chex cereal
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Add Chex cereal to large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter.
- Place small bowl in microwave and heat in 30 second increments until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour chocolate evenly over cereal and carefully toss to coat thoroughly.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on top of coated cereal and toss to coat thoroughly.
- Place mixture into refrigerator to firm up a bit if desired, enjoy!