OH. MY. GOODNESS! These cookies are out of this world yummy! Seriously, you all probably know by now, I have a
major slight obsession with chocolate. Every week, I have to make at least one dessert that consists of chocolate. This week, since my kids are officially out of school, I wanted to make something they could help with too! We all decided cookies were the way to go. Since we had a bag of several types of chocolate chips (don’t judge, hehe), the kids wanted to use them all. How could I argue with that, right?? Once the cookie dough was made, I HAD to have a small bite, you know, to make sure they were going to be good. Wow, not only was the cookie dough good, it was amazing! It does have raw egg in it, so I don’t recommend eating too much of it though. My kids were all lined up at the oven door awaiting these cookies. I heard about 500 times “why do they take forever to bake”. It was a loooonnnnnggggg 12 minutes of baking time in our house! When the cookies came out of the oven and cooled slightly, I let the kids each have two and I still am trying to figure out where they went. I handed the cookies to them, turned around for a few seconds, and BAM, the cookies were gone. They ate them up quickly and said this was their new favorite cookie!! Yea!! If you are a chocolate fan like I am, these are definitely a must try!!!
- 8 oz semi sweet chocolate, melted
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- In a small microwaveable bowl, melt the semi sweet chocolate in 30 second increments. Set aside.
- In a different bowl, add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add in the melted chocolate.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredient mixture and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the milk chocolate chips, semi sweet chocolate chips, and white chocolate chips.
- Place bowl of cookie dough in refrigerator for about 30 minutes to chill.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and use a scoop to form dough into cookies.
- Place cookies about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Place in a preheated oven, 350, and bake for about 11-13 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.