This Easy Sausage and Tortellini Skillet is a quick and easy one pan dish! Made with a creamy tomato sauce, this flavorful dish is ready in under 20 minutes!
I don’t know about your weeks, but mine always seem to be crazy busy. With three kids, all in school, some weeks I am pulled in multiple directions. Dinnertime seems to always be the craziest of times due to homework, prepping for the next day, after school activities, and trying to make dinner!
That’s why one of my favorite dinners are one pan meals! Simply toss the ingredients in, do a few simple steps and dinner is served! Plus, it makes clean up a breeze!
This meal is just that! Creamy tomato sauce, crumbled Italian sausage, and cooked peppers…..the flavor is incredible! My family of 5 thoroughly enjoyed this last week and we even had enough leftovers for lunch the next day!
If you’re looking for a budget friendly meal, you’ve come to the right place! Based on my receipt from last week, this meal costs about $6 to make and feeds about 6. Not bad, right?!
Serve this with some fresh fruit and crusty bread and you have dinner done!
Hope you enjoy this Easy Sausage and Tortellini Skillet! Let me know what you think in the comment section below OR use the hashtag #thecookinchicks and find me on Instagram!
*Be sure to sign up for my newsletter below! You won’t miss another new recipe again!
Check out my other skillet dishes here, https://thecookinchicks.com/?s=skillet
Easy Sausage and Tortellini Skillet
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage, ground
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 bell pepper, any color, de-seeded and sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 20 oz tortellini, cheese filled
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Cook tortellini as directed on package and set aside.
- Over medium high heat, add the oil to your skillet and allow to warm up.
- Add in the peppers and sausage, cooking for about 5 minutes, or until meat is cooked through and crumbled.
- Pour in the tomato sauce and heavy cream, stirring to combine.
- Stir in the garlic. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Add in the cooked tortellini and red pepper flakes.
- Allow mixture to simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve!