These shortcut Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars come together in no time using a cake mix! Perfectly packed with chocolate chips, these will be a hit with any crowd!
A few weeks back, my daughter came downstairs asking if she and I could bake something. Who was I to pass that opportunity up, right?!
We rummaged through the pantry and found a box of yellow cake mix and a bag of chocolate chips. Since my daughter was the one that wanted to do the baking (she merely asks me to supervise, haha), I wanted to keep things simple for her.
After a few quick directions, she set out to work and had these ready for the oven in just a few minutes. Once baked, my boys made their way down the stairs after smelling the warm cookies baking and joined her in enjoying one for their snack!
All three kiddos said these cookies were a favorite of theirs and my daughter was quite proud to have made them on her own!
Next time you have company over, are looking for a simple sweet treat, or want to make something for friends/family…..these are a great option!
Simple to prepare, cleanup is a breeze, and packed with just the amount of chocolate chips!
If you prefer not to use the cake mix, here is an alternative recipe to try! Both are just as tasty, one just eliminates a few steps!
Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 1 box yellow cake mix (15.25 oz)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips, semi-sweet
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Press batter into bottom of prepared pan. *Batter is thick so use a spatula or your hands
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20-24 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving!