A few months ago, my family and I went strawberry picking and ended up coming home with about 15 pounds of fresh strawberries. I didn’t really plan any thing special out to use them up, so after making a few smoothies, strawberry banana bread, and strawberry coffee cake…..I ended up putting the rest into the freezer.
This past week I decided to clean out my refrigerator and freezer and came across my forgotten strawberries. Not wanting to toss them, I decided to make the kiddos a snack and use them up in mini muffin form. Not only did these come together quickly, but I was able to use one of my bags (sandwich size).
I had a few in the morning with my coffee, while my kids enjoyed these for their afternoon snack!
These were moist, just the right amount of sweetness, and the perfect treat to enjoy morning, afternoon, or evening!!
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400 and grease/line a mini muffin tray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- In a small bowl, combine the vegetable oil, sour cream, vanilla, and egg.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until combined.
- Gently fold in the diced strawberries.
- Pour batter evenly into each greased muffin cup.
- Place pan in preheated oven and bake for 12-13 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes before removing from tray.
Recipe adapted from: Johnson-McCormick