I don’t know about your family, but mine LOVES Taco Tuesday! As my kids get older, they enjoy tacos more and more. When they were younger, they mainly just wanted the tortilla, but now, I can load theirs up and as long as I add sour cream, they are in taco Heaven!!
Last week, I had pulled out some ground turkey to use for tacos. I had it thawed and ready to go, cooked it up, looked around and could not find the tortilla shells. Well….turns out, I forgot to buy them! Oops! Since it was dinnertime and I really didn’t feel like going to the store, I looked in my fridge and found crescent rolls.
Not only did they make our Taco Tuesday even more kid friendly, but the entire family approved and loved the changed version! These made a great dinner, but they also make a good appetizer, snack, or lunch on the go! I served ours with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and sour cream! Be creative with your toppings and add this to the meal plan, your family will love it!!
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 1 package taco seasoning OR 3 tbsp. homemade taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 ( 8 oz.) tube Pilsbury crescent rolls
- Toppings of choice
- In a medium skillet, cook meat until no longer pink.
- Drain fat and sprinkle in taco seasoning and salsa.
- Stir until all is combined.
- Unroll the crescent rolls and place about 3 tbsp. meat mixture onto wide part of crescent.
- Roll crescent until closed and meat is inside.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake in a preheated oven, 375, for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve with favorite topping of choice!!