I personally, love one dish meals. Anytime I can make a recipe that is both a main course and side dish, it is a winner in my book. A few weeks ago, as I was scrolling through Pinterest, I saw this recipe. All the reviews were great, the recipe was simple to make, and I knew I just had to try it. Since I didn’t have some of the ingredients on hand, I changed it up a bit so I didn’t have to go to the store that day. The end result was amazing and my family devoured it quite quickly! My hubby took the leftovers to work the next day for lunch, so it must have been a winner huh?? This is one of those meals that is perfect at the end of a long day, perfect after church, or to make for a friend/family member!
You may be wondering why it is called Forgotten Chicken. Well, that is because, if you forget it is in the oven, chances are, it is still good. You can throw this together, put it in the oven, and walk away for a while. Now, of course, don’t go walking away for wayyyyyy long periods, but this is quite the easy dish, and I would even call it fool proof!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups Minute rice (I used brown rice)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can of water (use one of the soup cans)
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 envelope Lipton onion soup mix
- Using the 1 tbsp. butter, butter a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, 1 can of water, and Minute rice.
- Pour mixture into buttered pan.
- Place chicken breasts on top of mixture.
- Sprinkle Lipton onion soup evenly on top of chicken breasts.
- Cover pan with foil and place in a preheated oven, 350.
- Cook for about 1- 1 1/2 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Recipe adapted from: Darling Doodle Designs