Biscuits and Gravy Casserole

When my husband and I got married, I quickly realized he loved biscuits and gravy, and I really did not. Over the years, I have tried the dish at a few restaurants and slowly have changed my mind. I now really like it and think of it as a delicious comfort food dish! Its great since it can be a hearty breakfast, or even dinner!! I made this yummy casserole for dinner a few weeks ago and paired some hash-browns with it. Not only was it easy to make, but the entire family, kids included, loved it. It kept us full and we had enough leftovers to enjoy the next day!!

• 1 can flaky biscuits (Grands is what I used)
  • 1/2 lb ground breakfast sausage
  • 3 tbsp flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp black ground pepper
  • 2 1/2 cups milk
  1. Spray a small casserole dish with cooking spray. I used a 7×10.
  2. Slice biscuits into quarters. Layer half the biscuits in the bottom of the casserole dish.
  3. Bake in a preheated oven, 400, for about 10 minutes.
  4. While biscuits are cooking, cook the breakfast sausage in a pan over medium heat. Cook until no longer pink.
  5. Drain fat and sprinkle the flour on top of meat.
  6. Stir until the flour is completely absorbed.
  7. Add the milk, salt, and pepper, and stir until combined.
  8. Allow mixture to come to a slow boil. Add more seasonings if desired. You want the gravy to be thick, but not too thick, so add a bit more milk if needed.
  9. Pour gravy over cooked biscuits and layer remaining biscuit dough on top.
  10. Place dish into the oven and bake for about 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
  11. Serve warm!!
Print Friendly

11 Comments on "Biscuits and Gravy Casserole"

Notify of

Sort by:   newest | oldest | most voted
2 years 6 months ago

I live in Australia and do not know what these biscuits are, never heard of the brand name and never seen biscuits in a tin. Could you pleas tell me what would likely be the equivalent in Australia or how you would make your own. Thanks,Paula :)

Kristin and Adriana
2 years 6 months ago

Hi Paula!! Do you have scone mix available? That will work as a substitution!!! If not, here is a recipe we came across from a fellow blogger. It is for a homemade version of the biscuits!!

Let us know if you try this and what you think!!! Thanks :)

2 years 9 days ago

Ohhhhhhhhhhh no you didn’t!

If I had sausage right now, I’d be in the kitchen in a flash!

This looks like a slap yo momma shoot yo daddy recipe.

This will be a family favorite for sure.

1 year 11 months ago

Looks so good!!

1 year 3 months ago

I made this tonight and it had so much flavor ( I sprinkled a little paprika over the gravy before i put the biscuits on top). But the biscuits soaked up too much of the gravy. I followed quantities exactly. Any suggestions?

1 year 3 months ago

OMG!!!!! That was eye-popping!!!! I’ve been on such a biscuits and sausage gravy kick lately (yeah, I know, bad Joe, bad Joe!!!). I’m a slow cooker fanatic, and I’ve gotten one of those new casserole crocks from last Christmas, and I love it! I wonder if I can adapt this recipe to that. It might come out more like “Sausage Gravy and Dumplin’s”. Whaddya think?

[…] Biscuits and Gravy Casserole is a a simple and easy weekend breakfast. We love making this when we have company over. we add a side of scrambled eggs and its a  delicious and filling meal. RECIPE HERE—>>> […]