Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle

Oh my word this trifle is amazing!!! I made this over the weekend and since my most favorite thing in the entire world….okay not really, but its close, is chocolate peanut butter, it was perfect! I will warn you, its quite rich, so don’t go scooping a big ol’ bowl of it out unless you want to get on a major sugar high :)
I highly recommend this to everyone, you have to try it at least once!!! Yum!!

• 1 2/3 cups sugar

• 1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • 16 oz cool whip
  • 4 peanut butter cups, chopped

1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 13×9 inch baking pan.
  2. Combine dry brownie ingredients in a large bowl, stir. Add in wet ingredients, stir until well mixed.
  3. Spread batter into pan.
  4. Bake 20-24 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
  5. Let brownies cool completely.
  6. In a different bowl, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar. Beat until smooth.
  7. Add in peanut butter and milk and mix til combined. Fold in cool whip, combine.
  8. Take out half the brownies and crumble them into the bottom of a trifle bowl or large glass bowl.
  9. Add a layer of the peanut butter mixture.
  10. Take the other half of the brownies and crumble on top of peanut butter layer.
  11. Put the last layer of peanut butter mixture on top of brownies.
  12. Sprinkle chopped peanut butter cups on top.
  13. Refrigerate until serving time!!!
Print Friendly

11 Comments on "Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle"

Notify of

Sort by:   newest | oldest | most voted
3 years 9 months ago

This looks so delicious and you can never go wrong with chocolate, peanut butter, and cream cheese!!!!

Kristin, Tammy and Adriana
3 years 9 months ago

Our thoughts exactly!!! Its quite delicious!! Im sad that we ate it all, time to make it again, haha

3 years 2 months ago

It looks delicious and I would love to try it. But we don’t have peanut butter cups where I live. What can I substitute it with?

Kristin and Adriana
3 years 2 months ago

Hmmmm, good question! Do you have any type of peanut butter chocolate candy such as peanut butter m & m’s? If not, you could use chocolate shavings or any chocolate candy crushed up : )

2 years 8 months ago

It is so good, even without the peanut butter chips. You could use peanut butter and chocolate chips or choc shaving. The paint butter chips are just decorations and will not effect the outcome of the trifle.

[…] Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle […]

Janet Schager
Janet Schager
2 years 3 months ago

I cannot get cool whip where I live. What can I use instead of it??

2 years 1 month ago

I was wanting to make these in individual servings for a cookout. Like in clear punch cups. Any suggestions on how many one recipe would do?

1 year 8 months ago

I found the receipt on Facebook a while ago and have made it for several parties and pick nicks…and it was a BIG hit! So much so that its been requested for the next party I’m attending. The only bad thing was that I saved the webpage on a phone that got stolen so for the last 6 months I’ve been trying to find it…AND JUST DID. This totally made my day.

By the way it’s a great dessert!!!