Oh my word this trifle is amazing!!! I made this over the weekend and since my most favorite thing in the entire world….okay not really, but its close, is chocolate peanut butter, it was perfect! I will warn you, its quite rich, so don’t go scooping a big ol’ bowl of it out unless you want to get on a major sugar high
I highly recommend this to everyone, you have to try it at least once!!! Yum!!
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp water
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Peanut Butter Filling:
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2/3 cup milk
- 16 oz cool whip
- 4 peanut butter cups, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 13×9 inch baking pan.
- Combine dry brownie ingredients in a large bowl, stir. Add in wet ingredients, stir until well mixed.
- Spread batter into pan.
- Bake 20-24 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Let brownies cool completely.
- In a different bowl, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar. Beat until smooth.
- Add in peanut butter and milk and mix til combined. Fold in cool whip, combine.
- Take out half the brownies and crumble them into the bottom of a trifle bowl or large glass bowl.
- Add a layer of the peanut butter mixture.
- Take the other half of the brownies and crumble on top of peanut butter layer.
- Put the last layer of peanut butter mixture on top of brownies.
- Sprinkle chopped peanut butter cups on top.
- Refrigerate until serving time!!!