These 5 ingredient Truffles are mouth watering tasty! Rich, creamy, and melt in your mouth…..what are you waiting for?!?! Definitely try these!!
Each week, I try to make a new dessert to enjoy over the weekend! The kids and hubby all enjoy the sweet treat and typically, by the end of the weekend, its either gone, or I send it to work with my hubby so we can all get back on track for the week ahead!
Last week, I made these truffles (no, my kids did not get these….I made them chocolate chip cookies because of the Kahlua in these) and my hubby went crazy over them! I even sent a few to work with him for one of his coworkers, and again, big hit!
The texture is smooth and creamy, rich taste, and slight hint of Kahlua. The chocolate was incredibly mouth watering decadent and after one truffle, our sweet tooth was satisfied!
I ended up making about 30 of these because of the size, so these would make a great party treat, sweet treat to giveaway to others, or as a dessert in the evenings (or anytime of the day, right?!?!).
The outer layer of grated chocolate was the perfect addition to top these off and I definitely will be keeping these in our sweet treat rotation!
Keep them in the refrigerator and pop one out once ready to enjoy!
Kahlua Chocolate Truffles
- 14 oz. Semi sweet Chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp Espresso Powder
- 5 1/2 tbsp Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1 tbsp Kahlua
- 4 oz Semi Sweet Chocolate, grated finely
- In a saucepan over low heat, warm the heavy whipping cream until small bubbles form.
- Remove from heat and add in the chopped chocolate and espresso powder. Whisk until smooth.
- Allow mixture to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the butter and kahlua, whisking until smooth.
- Allow mixture to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, wax paper, or foil.
- Scoop 1 inch of the chocolate mixture and roll into a ball. Continue until all has been rolled and placed on baking sheet.
- Place grated chocolate into a shallow dish.
- Roll each chocolate ball thoroughly throught the grated chocolate to coat evenly.
- Place chocolate truffle back onto baking sheet.
- Once all have been rolled, place sheet back into refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.