These cookies are my hubby’s absolute favorite cookie in the whole world. I can make 1000 different recipes of cookies, and these always end up being his favorite. If you love peanut butter and chocolate, these are the cookie for you!!! These are especially a hit at Christmas on the goodie trays!
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Hershey Kisses
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Sift together flour, soda, and salt, set aside.
- In a different bowl, cream together butter, peanut butter, sugar, and brown sugar.
- Add in egg and vanilla, beat well.
- Blend in the dry ingredients gradually and mix thoroughly.
- Shape dough into balls using a rounded teaspoonful for each.
- Roll balls through a bowl of sugar and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven, place Hershey kiss in middle pressing down firmly so that the cookie “cracks” around the edges.
- Return back to oven for an additional 2-4 minutes, until golden brown.
Makes about 3 dozen.