Easy Fish Tacos combine fresh cod, crunchy cabbage and a flavorful sauce in a speedy, satisfying weeknight meal that everyone will enjoy!
Are you a taco fan?? In my house, tacos are a favorite! In fact, we have tried just about every type of taco out there and have yet to turn our noses up at one.
Last week, as I was browsing the seafood section of my grocery store, I noticed the cod filets were on sale. My original plan was to make fish taco bowls, however, I decided to change it up and throw these fish tacos together instead.
Crispy and flavorful flaked fish with a crunchy slaw topping and mouthwatering sauce combine into a taco meal everyone will devour!
You may look at this meal and think that it will be time consuming, but let me assure you, I was able to have this meal on the table in only about 20 minutes! Impressive, right?!
In fact, if you want to cut that down even further, you can make the sauce and slaw ahead of time and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve!
What kind of fish should you use?
My family prefers a white, flaky fish, so my go to is typically cod. You can definitely use tilapia, flounder, halibut, or another type of fish if desired though!
How should I season the fish?
If you want to keep things simple, I highly recommend a blackened seasoning from the store. Of course, you can make your own seasoning or use anything you have on hand as well. A seasoning line called Chupacabra is my go-to for any and all seasonings because they have yet to steer me wrong. Their new Blackened Seafood seasoning is a favorite and one I definitely suggest trying! Click HERE to check it out!
Ingredients needed for these Easy Fish Tacos:
Green/Red Cabbage, shredded
Red Onion, chopped
Ideas on what to serve with these fish tacos:
When I served these to my family, even my kids ended up going back for seconds! In fact, we were able to enjoy the leftovers the next day and turned it into a taco bowl (served over rice versus in a tortilla) and it was just as tasty!
Feel free to add in whatever additional toppings you desire. Maybe some avocado? Jalapeno slices for an added kick? Lots of great choices to make these tacos your own!
Easy Fish Tacos are a family favorite for busy weeknights! Simple to make, packed with flavor, and budget friendly! Print the recipe below and be sure to add these to your next meal plan!
Easy Fish Tacos
- 3 tablespoon Ranch dressing
- 3 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 2 cups green cabbage *shredded
- 1 cup red cabbage *shredded
- 1 carrot *julienned
- 1/2 cup red onion *chopped
- 1 lb cod filets
- 2 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 tortillas
- 1/4 cup flour
- Cojita cheese
- tomatoes *chopped
- Cilantro *chopped
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients with a whisk. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in small bowl, Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and seasoning.
- Dip each cod filet into the mixture, coating generously.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the seasoned fish and allow to cook about 3-4 minutes per side. Once flaky and cooked through, remove from heat.
- Add flaked fish to each tortilla followed by desired amount of slaw and sauce on top.
- Add desired toppings and serve!