Since my favorite dessert combination is chocolate peanut butter, I decided to come up with a variation of my Buckeye Brownies. I put the brownies into muffin cups to make an individual serving, and then topped them with both a peanut butter layer and chocolate layer. The end result was AMAZING!! I ended up sending some down to my neighbors and they too loved them! These are the perfect treats for parties, picnics, or if you have a sweet tooth 🙂
- 1 package brownie mix (enough to make an 8 x 8 pan)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 7 tbsp. butter, divided
- 1 cup peanut butter, creamy
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Prepare brownies according to package directions.
- Pour into muffin cups and bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. (follow directions on box for temperature)
- Allow brownies to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar, peanut butter, and 4 tbsp. butter.
- Spread peanut butter mixture on top of each brownie cup evenly.
- Place brownies in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- In another small bowl, melt the remaining 3 tbsp. butter and chocolate chips together.
- Spread chocolate on top of peanut butter layer.
- Place brownies back into refrigerator until chocolate is set up.
- Serve and enjoy!!!