Buckeye Brownie Cups are the perfect combination of chocolate and peanut butter. Layers of brownie, peanut butter, and a creamy chocolate topping….perfect for those sweet tooth cravings!
Since one of my favorite dessert combinations is chocolate peanut butter and I LOVE brownies, I decided to combine them all into one flavorful sweet treat!
Putting the brownies into muffin cups turns these into individual servings, making them perfect for on the go, parties, gatherings, or to enjoy throughout the week.
By using boxed brownie mix, these were ready for the oven in about 5 minutes! Once the brownies had cooled, the filling took an additional 5 minutes!
Not only can these be made quickly, but they also store perfectly, so you can make them ahead of time and enjoy once needed (or wanted).
Check out these other great sweet treat options if you love chocolate peanut butter:
Enjoy and be sure to let me know what you think in the comment section below if you give these a try!!
Ingredients Needed for these Buckeye Brownie Cups:
Brownie mix (enough to make an 8 x 8 pan)
Peanut butter, creamy
How to prepare:
Prepare brownies- according to package directions.
Pour into muffin cups- and bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. (follow directions on box for temperature)
Cool- allow brownies to cool completely.
In a small bowl- combine the powdered sugar, peanut butter, and 4 tablespoon butter.
Spread peanut butter mixture- on top of each brownie cup evenly.
Place- brownies in refrigerator for 1 hour.
In another small bowl- melt the remaining 3 tablespoon butter and chocolate chips together.
Spread chocolate- on top of peanut butter layer.
Chill- place brownies back into refrigerator until chocolate is set up.
Serve- and enjoy!!
Fudge like brownies layered with creamy peanut butter and a chocolate topping! These Buckeye Brownie Cups are a sweet tooth lovers dream come true! Print the recipe below and give these a try!
Buckeye Brownie Cups
- 1 box brownie mix *any flavor, plus ingredients needed on box, enough to make 8x8 pan
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 7 tablespoon butter *divided
- 1 cup peanut butter *creamy
- 1 cup chocolate chips *milk or semi-sweet is best
- Prepare brownies according to package directions.
- Pour into muffin cups and bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. (follow directions on box for temperature)
- Allow brownies to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar, peanut butter, and 4 tablespoon butter.
- Spread peanut butter mixture on top of each brownie cup evenly.
- Place brownies in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- In another small bowl, melt the remaining 3 tablespoon butter and chocolate chips together.
- Spread chocolate on top of peanut butter layer.
- Place brownies back into refrigerator until chocolate is set up.
- Serve and enjoy!!!
Recipe updated 11/3/21