These Air Fryer Ranch Chicken Tenders are crispy, simple to prepare, and much healthier than the fried alternative. Family friendly and kid approved, these are ready to enjoy in under 15 minutes!
Are you an air fryer fan? Honestly, I was quite skeptical until I actually bought one. I kept seeing posts and pictures, but didn’t really see the point of another kitchen appliance. It wasn’t until we went over to our friends house for dinner and they made French fries in theirs, that I knew….I needed one.
Yes, French fries sold me on it! In fact, frozen French fries nonetheless. Crazy, right? My family LOVES French fries, but preparing homemade takes time that we don’t always have. Even preparing store bought fries takes time to fully crisp up in the oven. Using the air fryer though, takes no time and they are perfectly crispy. In fact, my kids compared them to McDonald’s….which is their fav, so definitely a compliment!
After mastering fries (its more method than recipe), we decided to move on to chicken tenders. I have typically bought frozen, pre breaded, chicken tenders from the store and used those for my kids. After a few trial runs (aka major fails), this recipe is our new go to.
Perfectly crisp, packed with flavor, and incredibly simple to make…..I’ll never go back to frozen tenders again! You can play around with the seasonings to add some variety or even serve with my Southern Comeback Sauce!
Last week, while my daughter was at swim practice, I gathered the ingredients and simply set up my “stations”. I went to go pick her up, came home, and set out to cook dinner. From the time I got home, to the time we were all sitting down eating, it was 15 minutes! Impressive, right?
My kids loved these and dipped theirs in both BBQ sauce and Ranch. Mine, I preferred with no sauce as the flavor was incredible on its own!
The mayo kept these moist on the inside, while the breadcrumbs added a crispy coating!
All in all, these were a huge hit and we definitely plan on adding these to our meal rotation!
Stay tuned for more air fryer recipes! I’m quite new at it still, but so far, I am loving it! Here is the one I have, https://amzn.to/2YURTHJ. Best part…its large enough for my family of 5 and even fits an entire bag of French fries! No double batches needed!
Enjoy these Air Fryer Ranch Chicken Tenders! Let me know what you think!
*While you’re here, be sure to sign up for my newsletter below! I send my newest recipes directly to your inbox so you never miss out! Plus, monthly FREE giveaways for subscribers only!
Air Fryer Ranch Chicken Tenders
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into tenders *I had about 8 strips from 2 large breasts
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 packet Ranch seasoning
- Cooking spray (olive oil or canola oil)
- In a shallow container, combine the mayonnaise, water, and egg. Set aside.
- Pour the breadcrumbs into a separate shallow container.
- Sprinkle the Ranch seasoning evenly over chicken tenders, coating thoroughly.
- Dip each seasoned chicken tender into the mayo mixture followed by the breadcrumbs. Coat both sides.
- Place coated chicken tenders in a single layer inside the air fryer.
- Once coated and chicken is in single layer (you may have to break into batches), cook at 400 degrees for 12 minutes. Flip tenders over halfway through cook cycle and spray with a bit of cooking spray.
- Repeat cooking cycle if needing to do batches otherwise serve immediately!