Last summer, since we were living in Seattle, the family and I went to the local picking farms and picked huge bags of strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries. It was amazing having fresh fruit on hand, and ton in the freezer! Since we moved to Texas, finding picking farms has been next to impossible. I have found peach farms and a few others, but unfortunately, no berries. Since we all love blueberries in our morning treats, nowadays we try to buy a big container from the store and keep it in the fridge. Not nearly as fun since we didn’t get to pick them, but hey, blueberries are blueberries, right??
A few days ago, I whipped this up for the family and it was definitely a hit! It wasn’t overly sweet, so perfect with my morning cup of coffee. Using ingredients I already had on hand, I had a breakfast cake that ended up feeding us for a few days! Juicy blueberries, slightly sweetened cake, all in one pan; definitely a winner!!
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups blueberries
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together using a hand held mixer.
- Beat the mixture for about 8 minutes, or until mixture is light in color and slightly thickened.
- Add in the butter and vanilla, mixing for about 2-3 more minutes.
- Stir in the flour until just combined.
- Fold in the blueberries carefully.
- Spread batter into a greased 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 350, for about 35-40 minutes, or until slightly golden in color and cooked through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before slicing into servings!!