If you have followed this blog for a while, you probably know how much I LOVE having extra bananas in my freezer. Each week when I buy a bundle or two, and one gets too ripe, I get excited to pop it in the freezer. Why you ask? Well, because, when I have a quiet morning or afternoon, and am in the mood to bake…..I know I can always make banana bread, muffins, smoothies, etc. So many uses for bananas in my house that I love stocking up!!
Last week, I was in the baking mood and was planning on making my go to banana bread recipe. My kids were at school and I knew they would be so excited to have warm banana bread for their snack! However, at the last minute, I decided to change things up and make banana muffins instead. After tweaking my go to recipe a bit just to experiment, out came these muffins and they were fabulous! The kids came home and each had one, and then proceeded to ask for another. That’s a good sign of success, right??
My hubby and I enjoyed our muffins in the morning with a cup of coffee before our days got too busy and it was a perfect start to the day!
Whether for a breakfast treat, mid morning/afternoon snack, or evening dessert (although maybe drizzle some chocolate on top or something if having as dessert because….dessert needs chocolate, haha)….you will love these!! Enjoy!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a muffin pan (or use liners).
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Once combined, add in the eggs and banana.
- Add in the flour mixture and stir until all is combined.
- Pour batter into muffin cups about 2/3 full.
- Place pan in oven and bake for about 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean once inserted in center. Enjoy!!
*This can also be made using a loaf pan. Simply follow same directions, only use a greased loaf pan and bake for about 60 minutes!!