For the last few weeks, my family has been busy moving from Dallas to Houston, hence why I haven’t posted many new recipes lately. Now that we are mostly settled, I knew that I needed to share my most recent banana bread success.
When I moved into our new house last week, my kids and I ran to the grocery store to stock up. The bananas were on sale and my kids begged for a bunch. They surprisingly ate quite a few of them up, only leaving 3 to turn brown. Normally they beg for them, don’t eat them, I have tons left to freeze or make lots of banana bread with, etc….
I came across a mayonnaise banana bread on Pinterest that received a lot of repins and knew I had to try it. With a few changes and tweaks here and there, this recipe came out fabulous! Incredibly moist and flavorful, definitely one I will make again. My go-to recipe uses sour cream, so I was a little nervous that this one called for mayonnaise. I thought “hmmmm, mayonnaise IN banana bread”? But, don’t be hesitant, you can’t taste it, all it does is keep the bread moist!!
If you have bananas that need to be used up, definitely try this version of banana bread!! It’s a winner!!
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- Grease a loaf pan or 3 mini loaf pans.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, mix the egg, mayonnaise, vanilla, cinnamon, flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt together using a mixer. *Be sure not to over mix.
- Add in the bananas and mix until mostly incorporated into mixture. A few clumps here and there are okay
- Pour batter about 1/2 full into greased pan(s).
- Bake for about 60 minutes in large loaf pan or about 45 minutes in mini loaf pans.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before removing from pan and enjoying!!
Recipe adapted from: Chin Deep