Let me first confess, I have a major obsession with chocolate, hehe!! If I was stranded on an island and allowed one thing only, I may just choose chocolate……okay, maybe not, but I would try sneaking it in, haha! Anyways, one of my favorite chocolate treats to enjoy is a brownie. Fudge like, full of chocolate, moist, and served with a scoop of ice-cream, doesn’t get much better than that, right? Over the years, I have tried making several types of “homemade” brownie recipes and none compare to a good ol’ boxed mix. I decided this week to try yet again, at making something similar to a boxed mix. After playing around with some ingredients, combinations, and amounts, I think I have now come as close as I can get to a boxed mix with this recipe. No, you don’t get to just dump the mix together in under 5 minutes, BUT, this is still a simple recipe and the end result is fabulous! I will most definitely be making these brownies again, and again, and again!!
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a microwavable safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips, butter, and unsweetened chocolate.
- Microwave in 30 second increments until mixture is smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar and eggs. Beat with an electric mixture until light and thick.
- Add in the vanilla extract and melted chocolate mixture.
- Carefully fold in the flour and salt until all is combined.
- Pour mixture into a greased 8×8 baking pan.
- Place pan in a preheated oven, 350, and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes prior to serving!