When I was younger, my favorite sweet treat was my mom’s chocolate peanut butter balls. She would make them at Christmas, and it was always quite difficult not to eat them all. I remember her putting them in the freezer to save for her goodie tray at Christmas, and a few times, I would sneak into the freezer, grab one out of the bag, and quickly go eat it up. I am sure my mom knew I did this because let’s be honest, moms know everything, haha!
Fast forward years ahead and now I am a mom. I still love making those chocolate peanut butter balls at Christmas, however, I was thinking the other day, “why do I not make a different version, and make them anytime”. So, I found our stash of graham crackers and peanut butter, and whipped these up. My kids LOVED them. My little guy even helped dip them in chocolate. Not only was this simple to make, but now, we don’t have to wait until Christmas!!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 9 graham crackers (full size graham crackers, w/ 2 squares)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 16 oz. package semi sweet chocolate chips
- Place graham crackers into a food processor and blend until powder.
- In microwave, melt butter.
- In medium size bowl, combine the graham crackers, melted butter, powdered sugar, and peanut butter.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a lined cookie sheet.
- Place cookie sheet in freezer for about 30 minutes to firm up.
- Melt chocolate over stove or in microwave.
- Remove cookie sheet from freezer and roll peanut butter balls through the melted chocolate. *Using a fork makes this much easier
- Allow the chocolate peanut butter balls to set up in refrigerator for at least 1 hour prior to enjoying!!!