Wow! Where do I even begin with telling you about these brownies? Literally, words can not describe how amazing they truly are. Sitting here, with my cup of coffee, at 7 am, I am already wanting one of these, hehe!!
Last week, I was craving chocolate. Not the kind of craving eating a handful of chocolate chips could satisfy, but the kind of craving that requires tons of chocolate all put into one amazing dessert! And what is that dessert you ask? LOADED CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BROWNIES! Yep, these are the best brownies ever! I will admit, I cheated and used a box of brownie mix to whip these up. But come on, boxed brownies are awesome! I do have a homemade brownie version, for those of you that prefer homemade to boxed, 🙂
My hubby and I thoroughly enjoyed these, and both agreed, they are a “must make again” kind of brownie! If you have company coming over, want a dessert for your family, or want to make something sweet to enjoy while hiding in the pantry so you don’t have to share, definitely try these!
- 1 box brownie mix and ingredients OR homemade brownies
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup peanut butter, creamy
- 1 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp milk
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup Reese’s peanut butter chips
- 1 cup mini Reese’s cups
- Prepare brownie mix as directed on box or in recipe (link provided above)
- Grease an 8×8 baking dish and pour batter in.
- Bake in a preheated oven as directed on box (or recipe).
- Allow brownies to cool completely once baked.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the butter and peanut butter.
- Add in the powdered sugar and milk.
- Spread mixture on top of cooled brownies.
- In a microwaveable safe bowl, microwave the chocolate chips and butter together until smooth and creamy.
- Allow chocolate to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Pour chocolate over peanut butter layer and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle peanut butter chips and mini Reese’s over chocolate layer.
- Place brownies in refrigerator until chocolate is set.
- Cut desired size piece, and enjoy!!