These Cow Tales Chocolate Chip Cookies are simple to make and packed with flavor! Bits of the classic Cow Tales Candies throughout, these satisfy any sweet tooth craving!
Have you heard of Cow Tales? Cow Tales are chewy snack sticks made of caramel and filled with cream – Not made from real cows’ tails, haha!
Original Caramel Cow Tales were introduced by Goetze’s Candy Company in 1984. They are made from the same secret family recipe used to make Goetze’s Caramel Creams® (a.k.a. “Bulls-Eyes”®). Cow Tales were named in correlation with “Bulls-Eyes,” maintaining the cow theme used to promote Goetze’s dedication to making caramel with quality ingredients, including real milk.
Growing up, I remember enjoying Caramel Creams and Cow Tales whenever we went to the old fashioned candy stores on road trips! Both the Caramel Creams and Cow Tales have a rich, melt in your mouth consistency, and tons of flavor!
A while back, I was asked to create a recipe incorporating the Cow Tales candies.
Originally, my plan was to make a caramel brownie trifle with layers of Cow Tales throughout. However, since my kids were BEGGING me for chocolate chip cookies the other day, I decided to combine the two into one!
Not only are these cookies incredibly fluffy, flavorful, and simple to make…but the small bits of Cow Tale candy throughout are my fav! Each bite is filled with chocolate chips, caramel bits, and tastiness!
Each batch makes about 3-4 dozen cookies, depending how big you scoop the dough out!
If you want to change things up a bit, you can use milk chocolate or dark chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, or play around with the amount of chocolate chips/caramel bits throughout!
These Cow Tales Chocolate Chip Cookies literally melt in your mouth and are ooey gooey from the oven!
Once cooled off and we tried them at room temperature, you could really taste the caramel flavoring throughout!
However, you choose to enjoy them, hot or cooled, they will be a new favorite!
Perhaps even enjoy them with your morning coffee? Cookies and coffee sound like a perfect combo to me!
Be sure to check out Goetze’s Candies page HERE and try out their candies!!
Cow Tales Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter *softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour *all purpose
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup Cow Tales candy *chopped into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. Beat until creamy.
- In a separate bowl, combine the baking soda, salt, and flour.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the butter/sugar mixture and stir until just combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips and Cow Tale pieces, stirring to fully incorporate.
- Drop dough, I use a medium scoop, so about 1 tablespoon worth, onto a cookie sheet, leaving about 2 inches between each dough ball.
- Once cookie sheet is filled, place into preheated oven and allow to bake 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before enjoying!