For my birthday dessert this year, of course the one thing I requested was chocolate. Since my favorite cake is cheesecake, my hubby decided to combine the two favorites and make this chocolate extreme cheesecake. Not only was it packed with flavor, but it was rich, moist, and the perfect dessert. We all enjoyed this and most definitely will be making this again!! Whether you make this for a special occasion, sweet treat, or for your loved one, this is sure to be a hit!!
- 24 Oreos, crushed
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 lbs cream cheese
- 1 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 10 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Grease a 9 inch springform pan and preheat oven to 350.
- Combine the finely crushed Oreos and melted butter together, and press into bottom of pan.
- Bake in oven for about 8 minutes, remove and allow to cool.
- Melt the 10 oz chocolate, set aside.
- Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, and cocoa powder until smooth and creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Pour in the melted chocolate and stir until combined evenly.
- Pour the cream cheese chocolate mixture over the crust, smoothing evenly.
- Bake in the oven for about 60-70 minutes, or until center is set.
- Remove from oven and cool on counter for 5 minutes, then place into refrigerator for about 8 hours.
- Slice piece and drizzle chocolate syrup or melted chocolate on the top for garnish! Enjoy!