One of my most favorite things to make is banana bread. Whenever I have bananas that get too ripe, I put them in the freezer to save for later. Once I have enough, I pull them out and make banana bread. It is one of those things that is nice to have as a treat for the family, or to freeze for later. I tend to make some and bring it to play-dates since its a great snack for kids!! I took one of my favorite banana bread recipes and added chocolate chips this time and the end product was amazing! The chocolate chips added a yummy sweetness to the bread, and my kids kept calling their slice “dessert”. If you have extra bananas, or just love banana bread like I do, this recipe is a must try!!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, oil, sour cream, eggs, and baking soda.
- Add in the bananas and stir until combined.
- Add in the flour, stirring until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into 4 greased mini loaf pans, OR 1 large loaf pan. You can also grease a muffin tray to make these into muffins.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 350, for about 40-50 minutes, depending on what pan(s) you use.
- Remove from oven and serve!