My kids LOVE muffins! It is one of their favorite things to have for breakfasts and snacks, probably because of all of the varieties!!
Last week, I was on a mission to use up some more bananas from my freezer. Those things stock up in my freezer quite quickly if I don’t stay up on it!
Anyhow, I whipped these up and since I had some extra pecans on hand, I decided to make banana nut muffins. My kids LOVED the added crunch from the pecans and these were a big hit. My hubby enjoyed them for his breakfast, and my youngest son even asked for one for his dessert after dinner, haha!
These would make great breakfast/snacks on the go and they even freeze perfectly!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans, chopped (you can also use walnuts, my family prefers pecans)
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease/paper line and muffin tray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar and vegetable oil.
- Add in the bananas and mash until desired consistency is reached.
- Add in the eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet mixture and stir until just combined.
- Add in the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the chopped nuts.
- Divide batter into muffin cups and place tray in oven.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve OR allow to cool entirely before freezing!