I don’t know about you, but I grew up with my mom always having homemade cookies in the house. It was a special treat I never really appreciated until I was older and realized the effort that went into always keeping those around. As my kids have gotten a bit older, I have tried so many different versions of cookies, and I too, try to keep some in the house on a consistent basis. Not only are they good for a “dessert” if you finish all your dinner, but they are also great for when the kids have friends over and they all come into the kitchen looking for something yummy.
Look no further for the best chocolate chip cookie recipe, here it is!!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp hot water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar, until smooth.
- Add in the eggs one at a time.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Allow the baking soda to dissolve in the hot water, then pour into the batter.
- Add in the flour, salt, and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonful’s of batter onto a cookie sheet.
- Place cookie sheet into preheated oven, 350, and bake 10-12 minutes, or until edges are slightly golden in color.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 1-2 minutes before removing from cookie sheet.
Recipe adapted from: All Recipes