On the weekends, there is nothing better than when my hubby whips up an amazing breakfast. He makes anything from baked donuts, to muffins and breads, to different types of coffee cakes. I know, I am quite lucky, right? Last weekend, my hubby made this for us and let me tell you, this was not only amazing, but my family went crazy over it. The kids said it was “the best breakfast ever”. It was incredibly moist, had the perfect amount of cinnamon layering throughout it, and made plenty for us all to enjoy it during the weekend! I would definitely recommend trying this if you have family/friends coming into town, or are hosting a get together at your house. This is definitely a crowd pleaser!!
- 3/4 cup flour + 2 tbsp.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9 inch baking pan. *I used a spring form pan, but any kind works
- In a bowl, combine the 3/4 cup flour + 2 tbsp., sugar, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, and salt.
- Add in the melted butter and combine with a fork until crumbs are made. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl, use a electric mixer or stand mixer and add in the butter. Beat for about one minute.
- Add in sugar and beat an extra 3 minutes.
- Add in eggs, one at a time. Beat until completely combined.
- Add in the vanilla extract, flour mixture, and sour cream mixture. Be sure to not overmix.
- Once combined, pour half the batter into greased pan.
- Sprinkle half the cinnamon mixture over batter, followed by pouring the remaining batter on top of cinnamon mixture.
- Sprinkle last of cinnamon mixture on top of batter and place pan in oven.
- Bake for about 35-45 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean once inserted in center.
- Remove from oven and serve!!
Recipe adapted from: Pretty Simple Sweet