A few weeks ago, we posted of Crumb Coffee Cake recipe. Ever since then, the kids have been begging my hubby make another “breakfast cake”. This past weekend, my hubby whipped this up and it was just as yummy!! Have I mentioned how lucky I am to have found a guy that enjoys cooking? Well, if not, I totally am! 🙂
This cake has a tasty cinnamon swirl running through it, and a glaze that adds the perfect amount of sweetness to the top! This would be great for having company over, when guests come into town, mornings on the go, and more!! Pour yourself a cup of coffee and enjoy a slice….or two, of this yummy cake!!
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 and spray/grease a 10 inch bundt pan.
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl until fluffy.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, until combined.
- Add vanilla extract to mixture, stir well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Pour dry mixture into the egg mixture alternately with the sour cream. Mix until just combined.
- Mix in the walnuts if using.
- Pour half the batter into the greased bundt pan.
- Mix the 1/4 cup sugar with the ground cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle mixture on top of batter in the pan.
- Pour remaining batter on top of cinnamon mixture as evenly as you can.
- Bake in oven for 8 minutes, then lower temperature to 350 for remaining 40 minutes!!
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before moving to a different pan.
- Slice desired sized piece and enjoy!!