One of my hubby’s most favorite desserts has always been chocolate mousse. Anytime we go to a restaurant and they have it on their menu, he orders it! Me, I had never had it until him, but one bite into it, I knew, it was on my top dessert list!
I decided to try making it on my own as a surprise for him! In my head, I pictured an incredibly hard, exhausting effort needing to be put forth to create such an amazing dessert. Imagine my surprise when I scoured through Pinterest getting ideas and realized how simple it was. Why had I never tried it before?
I whipped this up in no time and even made some extras to bring down to my neighbors! My hubby LOVED it and I got “amazing wife points” for sure!
This mousse is great by itself or in cake, brownies, cupcakes, etc.
However you choose to use it, it is sure to be a hit!!
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups whipping cream, divided
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Beat eggs and sugar in a medium bowl using a mixer for about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat 1 cup whipping cream until hot, but not boiling.
- Pour the hot cream into the egg mixture carefully and slowly.
- Next, add the cream/egg mixture back into the saucepan and over low heat, continuously stir for about 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate chips until completely melted and combined.
- Place in refrigerator to cool completely, a minimum of 2 hours.
- When completely chilled, add remaining 1 1/2 cups whipping cream to a bowl and using a hand mixer, beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into chilled chocolate mixture making sure to mix until combined and smooth.
- Serve immediately or store in refrigerator!
Recipe from: Cookies and Cups