Last weekend, my hubby made this amazing cake for our weekend breakfast and it was a hit. Moist cake with juicy blueberries and a cinnamon topping, what more could you want? He had it ready for the oven in no time and we not only got to enjoy it all weekend, but even a bit into the work week too!!
This cake was not overly sweet and went perfectly with a cup of coffee. Whether making for your family, when company comes over, or to give away….this is the perfect thing to make for morning or evening!!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup + 3 tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp. butter, room temp.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, room temp.
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 and spray a 9″ Springform pan with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the crumb topping ingredients with a pastry blender or fork until they are blended. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cake ingredients (minus the blueberries) and mix until smooth.
- Fold in the blueberries carefully.
- Spread cake batter into prepared pan.
- Top with the crumb topping.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for about 45-55 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center of cake.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for about 10 minutes before removing pan sides.
- Serve and enjoy!!