Since pasta dishes are typically inexpensive, kid friendly, and quick to the table, I love to make one or two a week. Last week, I decided to change up my “go to” ziti recipe, and this was the result. It had great flavor, made tons which was great for lunches the next day, and it took no time to prepare! My kids thoroughly enjoyed it as well, which if you have kids, is always a plus!
I ended up making this for several families in my neighborhood and the feedback was great!! Make an extra one and stick it in the freezer since this dish freezes perfectly!!
- 1 lb ziti
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 26 oz spaghetti sauce
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta to al dente. Drain water, set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, cook meat until no longer pink. Drain fat. Remove from heat.
- Add the spaghetti sauce to the cooked meat.
- Stir in ricotta.
- Add 1 cup mozzarella cheese to the pasta and toss to coat.
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Add the sauce with the pasta, make sure pasta is coated evenly.
- Pour into pan and sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese on top.
- Cover pan with tin foil and bake in preheated oven, 350, for 30 minutes. Remove cover and cook an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!!