Last week, I had to have surgery at the hospital that had me recovering for a few days. I wasn’t able to really get into the kitchen and make goodies, meals, and snacks like I typically do. My sweet friend, Ashley, who she and I swap meals each week, brought us this tasty baked ziti. My entire family loved it, and we had lots of leftovers! My hubby and I ate it for lunch for the following two days, and it was just as good as on day one!!
It was such a Blessing not having to worry about dinner that evening while I was down. Now I am feeling back to myself again and excited to get back into the kitchen for all sorts of Fall baking!!
Thanks again Ashley, your baked ziti is a family favorite for sure!!
- 1 lb ziti noodles
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey or beef
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 jars spaghetti sauce (26 oz jars)
- 6 oz provolone cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 6 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- Boil noodles until cooked al dente (about 8 minutes), drain water.
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the beef/turkey with the chopped onion.
- Drain fat.
- Sprinkle salt/pepper/garlic powder to season meat.
- Add in spaghetti sauce and allow to simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Butter or grease the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Add 1/2 the ziti noodles to the bottom of the dish.
- Place a layer of sliced provolone on top of pasta.
- Put all of the sour cream on top of the provolone.
- Pour 1/2 the meat sauce on top of the sour cream.
- Add remaining ziti on top of the meat sauce.
- Pour remaining sauce, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese on top for your last layers.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 350, for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve!!