Last week as I was browsing through our local produce stand, I noticed their zucchini’s looked SOOOOOOOO amazing! Not only were they huge, but they were so pretty and were just calling my name. Yes, I described zucchini as pretty, haha!! I grabbed a big bag full and decided to make pizza boats for dinner. Not only did my kids go crazy over it, but they each ate an entire zucchini, and not once did they complain!! I definitely call that a win!! Since we had a few extras, I reheated them for our lunch again the next day and they were just as tasty!!
- 6 zucchini (more or less depending on number of people to feed)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup pizza sauce (any kind desired)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup pepperoni slices
- Italian seasoning
- Cut each zucchini slice in half.
- Pat dry with a paper towel. Place a sheet of tin foil or parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil and garlic.
- Brush oil mixture onto each zucchini slice.
- Sprinkle desired amount of salt/pepper on top of the oil mixture.
- Spread about 1 tbsp pizza sauce per each zucchini slice.
- Sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan cheese on top of the sauce.
- Add pepperoni slices on top, followed by some Italian seasoning.
- Place zucchini on the cookie sheet and bake in a preheated oven, 400, for about 12-18 minutes, or until tender.
- Serve!! *You can add other ingredients depending on how you prefer your pizza (sausage, onion, peppers, etc)