Stuffing Topped Chicken Pot Pie is a flavorful twist on the classic dish! Family friendly, this comfort food recipe is a hit with everyone!
One of my families most favorite dinners is chicken pot pie. My kids LOVE it and ask for it each week. Ask me though, and I can only handle so much chicken pot pie before I am burned out and not wanting to even look at it, haha.
To make everyone happy, I decided to change up my go to recipe and make a stuffing version. Everyone loved it and we were able to enjoy the leftovers the next evening! The stuffing added great flavor, and the chicken mixture was hearty and full of yummy veggies!!
You can prep this in the morning and pop it in the oven come dinnertime if desired! It even freezes perfectly!
Be sure to add this to your meal plan this week, your family will thank you!!
Stuffing Topped Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced or shredded
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup mixed vegetables
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 boxes stovetop stuffing
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Prepare stuffing according to box directions. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tbsp butter.
- Add in chicken and cook until no longer pink.
- Place chicken evenly on bottom of a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- In same skillet, add remaining 2 tbsp butter.
- Saute onion and mixed veggies for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add veggies/onion over chicken in pan.
- In a medium pan, add the cream of chicken soup, milk, and flour.
- Simmer over medium heat, stirring to avoid any lumps.
- Once boiling, remove from heat and pour evenly over the chicken/vegetables.
- Sprinkle cooked stuffing evenly on top.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve!