With St. Patrick’s Day coming up, I decided to make these festive trifles. I had gone to my grocery store and found mini trifle bowls. They were too cute to pass up, especially since one of my favorite desserts to make, is a trifle. I looked around my pantry, found some basic ingredients and threw these together in no time. Not only were they a huge hit, but they were just the right amount!! If you are looking for a delicious St. Patty’s day treat, look no further!! This can be made in a normal size trifle bowl, or mini dishes, totally up to you!
- 1 package brownie mix (enough to make an 8×8 tray) *you can also use a homemade brownie recipe
- 1 (3.4 oz) box vanilla pudding (instant)
- 8 oz cool whip
- Green food coloring
- Mint Oreo’s, crushed
- Cook brownies according to directions. Allow to cool completely.
- Make pudding according to directions. Once pudding is done, add in a few drops of green food coloring, or until desired shade of green is reached.
- Take a Ziploc bag and place a few Oreo’s inside. Seal the bag and smash the bag to crush the Oreo’s.
- To assemble trifle; layer cut up brownie, a layer of pudding, a layer of cool whip, another layer of cut up brownie, a layer of pudding, and a few crushed Oreo’s on top!!
- Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve!! *You can also use pistachio pudding if you don’t want to use food coloring!