Last week, as I was walking through our Sam’s Club, I noticed their pork chops on sale. I just HAD to put them in the cart of course. Since it was still early enough in the day, I decided to go home and put a few of them in the slow cooker for dinner that night. While I was going through my pantry trying to figure out what I wanted to add to them, I realized I had a big bag of potatoes to use up. I peeled and chopped a few of them up and tossed them in with the pork chops. After adding some seasoning, turning them on high, and letting the slow cooker work its magic, dinner was made! Not only was it packed with flavor, but it was so simple to make. The pork was so tender and literally fell apart on the fork, the potatoes were cooked perfectly, and all I had to do was add a veggie to the dinner and call it done!! Definitely try this recipe out for those evenings you are pressed for time!! Enjoy!
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 4 large Russet potatoes OR 6 red potatoes (peeled and diced if using Russet)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 package Italian dressing mix
- 2 tsp garlic Powder
- Place the diced potatoes and onions on the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper and toss to coat evenly.
- Place the pork chops over the potato mixture.
- Sprinkle Italian mix and garlic powder over pork chops.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook on low for 7 hours, or high for about 4 hours.
- Remove from slow cooker and serve!!