Yesterday, my parents had my brothers family and my family over for an early 4th of July BBQ. Since I wanted to bring something festive, I decided to make this Jell-O trifle for us all to enjoy. Not only was it incredibly festive, but the entire family (especially kids) went crazy over it.
With raspberry, blueberry, and a creamy white layer…..this was a festive, yummy combination of flavors that was a hit!!
Hope you all have an enjoyable, safe 4th of July!!
- 3 oz. berry blue Jell-O
- 2 cups boiling water, divided
- 2 1/2 cups cold water, divided
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 envelope gelatin
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 tbsp. sugar
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 1 tsp sour cream
- 3 oz. raspberry Jell-O
- Whipped cream (if desired)
- Dissolve berry Jell-O in 1 cup boiling water.
- Add in 1 cup cold water and stir to combine.
- Add in 1 cup blueberries.
- Pour into trifle bowl or glass dish.
- Put bowl/dish into refrigerator until set up, about 1 hour.
- In a saucepan, pour gelatin over 1/2 cup cold water and stir until combined.
- Add the heavy whipping cream, sour cream, and sugar and stir over medium heat until all is dissolved.
- Pour carefully over blue Jell-O layer.
- Set dish into refrigerator to set up, about 1 hour.
- Combine 1 cup boiling water with raspberry Jell-O.
- Stir in 1 cup cold water.
- Add in 1 cup raspberries and carefully pour mixture over set up white layer.
- Place dish back into refrigerator until set up, about an hour.
- Once set up, top with whipped cream if desired and additional berries!!