This Old Fashioned Cocktail Slushie takes the classic cocktail to a new level by adding in a frozen twist! Using whisky or brandy, these can be enjoyed year round!
Over the past few years, both my hubby and I have expanded our drink palates. For years, I would stick to Moscato wine and Mike’s Hard Lemonade. Basically….pure sugar and you can’t taste the actual drink, right?!
Well, although I do still drink those and enjoy them, my favorites have changed a bit and now I am open to trying all sorts of new concoctions!
I defininitely have my dad to thank for that one because not only is he the King of making new drinks, but he’s also rubbed off on my hubby, who I like to call his “apprentice”, haha!
A few weeks back, my dad mentioned that he was going to try a new Old Fashioned Cocktail. This time with a slushie twist! My hubby, who loves a good Old Fashioned, he was immediately intrigued. Fast forward to this past weekend and my dad whipped them up.
I wasn’t really interested in them because Old Fashioned Cocktails aren’t my thing, but my hubby and dad LOVED them! In fact, my hubby is already discussing how he needs to make a batch himself to keep in our freezer!
Not only are these pretty to look at (which is great for hosting people), but they are also quite flavorful and add a fun twist on the original version!
If you’re hosting a get together or simply love a good Old Fashioned, definitely give this Old Fashioned Cocktail Slushie a try!
Don’t forget to check out my other cocktails too! Click HERE!
Old Fashioned Cocktail Glasses: https://amzn.to/34btVMX
Old Fashioned Cocktail Slushie
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups whisky or brandy
- 12 oz frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherry juice
- 1/4 cup bitters
- splash of lemon lime club soda
- maraschino cherry/orange wedge for garnish (optional)
- In a small saucepan, boil the water and sugar until sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add in the can of thawed orange concentrate and cherry juice.
- Add in the bitters and whisky/brandy.
- Pour mixture into freezer safe container and place in freezer for several hours.
- Scoop slush into glass and add a splash of club soda.
- Garnish with orange slice and cherries if desired.