As I wrote in my previous post, on birthdays in my family, the birthday person gets to choose a dinner and dessert of their choice. This year, I chose my moms AMAZING pot roast for dinner. I’m not kidding you, its out of this world good. I have had many different kinds of pot roast and no one can top my mom’s. Its quite simple too!! My mom makes this with mashed potatoes, steamed veggies, and bread. The dinner was out of this world yummy. I sure love birthday dinners, especially when I get to choose them, : )
- 1 Beef Roast (my mom used a 3lb Round eye)
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 packet Lipton onion soup mix
- 1/2 can (from soup) of water (more/less if gravy is too thick)
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Place roast in slow cooker.
- Cover with the ingredients listed above.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low for about 10 hours (if frozen), less if thawed. This can be cooked on high, just shorten cooking time.
- *Be sure to use the gravy that is on the bottom of slow cooker to coat meat for extra flavor!