Two of my most favorite desserts are cheesecake and brownies. Since I could not choose which favorite I wanted to make this past weekend, I decided to combine them together! The end result was amazing! The cheesecake layer was the perfect amount to compliment the brownie, and the brownie was moist and full of chocolate flavor. I will definitely be making these again, especially if I go to a get together and need to bring a dessert. These would be a crowd pleaser for sure!!
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil (can substitute coconut oil if desired)
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Add in the 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, eggs, and vegetable oil. Mix well.
- Reserve 1 tbsp. brownie batter in a small bowl to use for marbling.
- Pour brownie mixture into a greased 8 x 8 baking pan.
- In a different bowl, combine the cream cheese and sugar until creamy.
- Add in the 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and egg.
- Once combined, pour cheesecake mixture on top of brownie mixture.
- Using a toothpick, swirl the 1 tbsp. brownie batter through the top of the cheesecake layer to create swirls.
- Place pan in preheated oven, 350, and bake for about 35-40 minutes, or until cooked through and cheesecake is set up.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 10 minutes. Place in fridge for about 2 hours. Remove and serve chilled!