This quick and simple clam sauce is an inexpensive, easy to make, sauce that goes over any kind of pasta. My fav is linguine, but pair with your fav and enjoy!
Several weeks ago, my hubby came home from work and said he was in the mood to try a few new dinner dishes. I think that was his subtle way of saying I was making the same meals each night, haha. What can I say though, when school starts back up and schedules get busy, I love me a good, quick dinner!
I decided to browse through Pinterest, dust off my cookbook collection (anyone else have that problem, or just me?!?!), and scan the grocery store aisles for some new inspiration. Since my hubby is a fan of seafood, I knew one of my new dishes would be seafood related, but still kept kid friendly and simple. I came across the tuna, clams, mussels, and my first thought was “tuna casserole”. I hadn’t made one in forever and was in the mood, however, I wanted to step outside the box and try something new. I grabbed a few cans of clams (never in my life had I tried those) and away I went.
Once dinnertime came, I had this tasty clam sauce ready to go in under 20 minutes and my hubby went crazy over it. It made so much that he took the leftovers for lunch two days in a row!! I would call that a hit, right?! Even my three kiddos ate theirs up happily! For my first time having clam, yes, I know its canned, however, it is quite tasty! My next adventure will have to be with fresh clam, right?
Whether you use linguine in this recipe (I do recommend), or pair it with your favorite pasta choice, you’ll love it! Inexpensive, makes plenty for leftovers (unless of course you are feeding an army), and is packed with flavor!!
Linguine w/ Clam Sauce
- 1 lb linguine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 20 oz. chopped clams, chopped
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Parmesan, shredded (garnish)
- Cook linguine (or pasta of your choosing) according to packaged directions.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil and 1 tbsp butter.
- Add in the garlic and clams, stirring together for about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the white wine and cook for 3 minutes, or until the sauce is reduced.
- Add in remaining 1 tbsp butter and stir until melted/incorporated.
- Reduce heat to low and pour in the lemon juice.
- Add in the parsley, cream, salt and pepper stirring until incorporated.
- Allow mixture to simmer over low heat for about 3 minutes.
- Pour pasta into a large bowl and add sauce on top. Toss to combine. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top and serve!!