This Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta is incredibly easy to make, so it’s perfect for weeknight family dinners. Full of flavor in each bite, you’ll be heading back for seconds!
Several years back, my mom made my hubby and I a Cajun pasta dish she had had at my Aunt’s house and ever since then, we’ve been hooked.
Over the years, I have tweaked different recipes, added in veggies, sometimes shrimp in place of chicken, sausage, etc.
Check out these other Cajun favorites:
Last week, I was in the mood to make my go to Cajun pasta, but decided to change it up and make it a bit more creamy, add in some sun dried tomatoes I had on hand, and basically come up with a new version. I was nervous when we all sat around the table for dinner because my hubby loves the original recipe, so I was hoping this was a hit as well.
One bite in, the hubby looked up at me and gave me the look. You know, the “this is a winner” look. We all chowed down on the pasta, even my kids who claim they don’t like anything with a little kick to it, haha!!
I asked my hubby if this was his new favorite version and sure enough, he said YES!! Out with the old (although it is really yummy), and in with the new, hehe!!
You can substitute shrimp and even smoked sausage in this if desired. I am not a huge shrimp fan, so I use chicken as much as possible!
Enjoy and be sure to let me know what you think in the comment section below if you try it!
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
8 oz linguine pasta, cooked
4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning (more or less depending on preference)
4 tablespoon butter
3 green onions, sliced
1 cup heavy whipping cream
4 tablespoon sun dried tomatoes, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon dried Basil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta is a flavorful meal with a little kick in every bite! Add more seasoning to really enhance the spice, or decrease to keep it mild! Print the recipe below and be sure to give it a try!
Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
- 1 lb chicken *boneless/skinless, cut into strips or diced
- 8 oz linguine *cooked
- 4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 3 green onions *sliced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoon sun dried tomatoes *chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter.
- Add in the chicken and coat thoroughly with the Cajun seasoning.
- Cook until chicken is no longer pink.
- Reduce heat and add in the green onions, heavy whipping cream, sun dried tomatoes, salt, pepper, Basil, and garlic.
- Allow to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce over cooked linguine and toss to coat thoroughly.
Recipe updated 10/7/21